Benefits of a paid account can include:
• No longer receiving collection calls or letters
• Having your credit report updated (if applicable)
• Receiving a letter indicating your account has been satisfied
• Being able to improve your credit health and ability to obtain such financing as credit cards, line of credit, mortgage, etc.
• You may qualify for better rates for your financing needs
• It can improve your employability as some employers review credit reports when hiring
Refusal to pay your account with PRA or failure to respond to communications from PRA, may ultimately lead to legal action being taken against you. If this occurs, you may be subject to wage garnishment, as well as other legal remedies available in the event a judgment is secured. In addition to the balance you owe, you would also be subject, if awarded by the court, to paying all court costs as well as pre- and post-judgment interest.
PRA is committed to working with our customers to find a solution that is right for them.