PRA Group Canada is always looking for talented employees. We believe in creating a working environment that strives for high performance, acknowledges the value of diversity, and gives our employees development opportunities. We are committed to developing our employees in order for them to reach their best potential.
We support our employees with competitive salaries, proprietary training programs, bonus plans, tuition reimbursement programs, comprehensive benefits, an employee assistance program, and valuable opportunities to establish a long career within our organization. We also provide 15 vacation days annually.
Our Global Values come to life through these five words:
PRA CARES is a simple acronym representing a set of values shared by all PRA Group employees. Each value serves as a commitment to how we treat each other, how we respect our customers, and how we show the world we care.
Every PRA employee is part of a bigger picture and each plays a role in our collective long-term success. Our employees clearly understand and live these shared values, and they are guidelines for everything we do.
Join the Team at PRA Group Canada – London, Ontario
Network and Systems Administrator
Full-time Contract Position Available
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and tactics. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer-oriented.
We are an international organization with an expanding global presence, and bring valuable industry expertise and experience to the market place. Our Canadian Head Office is located in London, Ontario, and we have a second location in Montreal, Quebec.
We are currently looking for a Network and Systems Administrator. This position is a full-time 12 month contract role.
What does a Network and Systems Administrator do at PRA Group Canada Inc.?
Reporting to the Senior Network and Systems Administrator, you are responsible for the network information systems infrastructure including the designing, implementing, monitoring, securing and maintaining of all hardware and software used in the business. This position must ensure a high level of uptime for the information systems in a secure, reliable and cost effective manner. You support all business units with technology and strategy recommendations and actions. The following offers additional details of this role:
- The installation and maintenance of the information network infrastructure and support of end users’ systems
- Ensuring the security and reliability of all systems used in the business operations
- Investigating and responding to the needs of all end users, according to normal or established procedures and with appropriate urgency based on the situation
- Keeping current on IT products and services to implement changes as needed
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge in IT specific areas
- Promoting and explaining equipment and services by demonstration and discussion during staff contacts as appropriate
- Preparing and reviewing documentation for Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by Supervisor / Manager
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Minimum Post-Secondary diploma or degree in an IT related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a network IT administration capacity
- Experience with first level end user support using a service desk system for tracking incidents and problems
- Experience with supporting and maintaining dialer/ivr, PBX and VoIP telephony systems, Cisco Firewalls/ASAs, routers, VPNs, WANs, LANs, Web filters
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and knowledge of Windows Server OS
- Knowledge of monitoring systems for networks and applications
- An intermediate or advanced level of proficiency of network administration
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Azure and/or other cloud technology
- Virtualization experience and knowledge including VMWare
- Understanding of modern system administration concepts including configuration management, change management, and metric/ KPI reporting
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Capable of adapting rapidly to changing situations as they occur
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced call center environment is an asset
- The ability to create clear, concise documentation for all tasks performed
- Ability to work flexible hours as demanded by the business, which includes participating in an on-call rotation schedule
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
THE PRA Group Canada family offers a very friendly and supportive environment. We believe in living our care values of ‘CARES’ – Committed, Accountable, Respectful, Ethical and Successful
- Competitive salary based on relevant experience
- Group Benefits and Employee Assistance Programs
- Innovative organizational programs that recognize top performers within the Canadian team
- Fun and motivating contests
- Positive work/life balance
- Complimentary coffee and tea
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
- This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule of 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, business hours
- Non-business hours and weekend work as required to meet business needs
- On-call rotation
What is the Application Process?
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Tuesday, June 5 2018 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
PRA Group Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.