PRA Group Canada is always looking for talented employees. We believe in creating a working environment that strives for high performance, acknowledges the value of diversity, and gives our employees development opportunities. We are committed to developing our employees in order for them to reach their best potential.
We support our employees with competitive salaries, proprietary training programs, bonus plans, tuition reimbursement programs, comprehensive benefits, an employee assistance program, and valuable opportunities to establish a long career within our organization. We also provide 15 vacation days annually.
Our Global Values come to life through these five words:
PRA CARES is a simple acronym representing a set of values shared by all PRA Group employees. Each value serves as a commitment to how we treat each other, how we respect our customers, and how we show the world we care.
Every PRA employee is part of a bigger picture and each plays a role in our collective long-term success. Our employees clearly understand and live these shared values, and they are guidelines for everything we do.
Paralegal – Full-time Position Available
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and tactics. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer-oriented.
We are an international organization with an expanding global presence, and bring valuable industry expertise and experience to the market place. Our Canadian Head Office is located in London, Ontario; and we have a second location in Montreal, Quebec.
We are currently looking for a Paralegal to join our London, Ontario team on a permanent, full-time basis.
What does a typical work day look like for a Paralegal?
In this role you will support the daily operations of the Legal Department. The Paralegal will be responsible to manage an individual file load on a daily basis, appear in court when required, as well as complete tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Manager. Specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Preparing files for legal actions (i.e. Plaintiff Claims)
- Managing and working an active legal queue
- Drafting small claims court documents (i.e. Affidavits, Default Judgments, Garnishments, Liens, Motions, Letters, follow-up, etc.)
- Preparing documentation for court hearings
- Representing the Company in Court proceedings
- Meeting all claim process deadlines
- Attending telephone settlement conferences as needed
- Working closely with various agents and court offices
- Daily updates of file status
- Assisting with workloads of Ontario Support Staff as needed
- Administrative duties as required
- Taking part in attending meetings and training as required
- Staying current regarding legislation and legal processes related to our business
- Additional duties as requested by Manager
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Paralegal designation
- Paralegal experience an asset
- Understanding of the Ontario Small Claims process
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strength in attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and decision-making abilities
- Pass criminal background check
What is great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- A competitive compensation program, including: 3 weeks’ vacation to start, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Competitive Salary based on relevant experience, and annual bonus program
- Talent developmental opportunities for motivated and engaged employees
- Innovative organizational programs that recognize top performers within the Canadian team
- Positive work/life balance
- Complementary tea and coffee
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
- This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, business hours
What is the Application Process?
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Thursday, January 17, 2019 via email to: humanresources@PRA-Group.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PRA Group Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.