PRA Group Canada is always looking for talented employees. We believe in creating a working environment that strives for high performance, acknowledges the value of diversity, and gives our employees development opportunities. We are committed to developing our employees in order for them to reach their best potential.
We support our employees with competitive salaries, proprietary training programs, bonus plans, tuition reimbursement programs, comprehensive benefits, an employee assistance program, and valuable opportunities to establish a long career within our organization. We also provide 15 vacation days annually.
Our Global Values come to life through these five words:
PRA CARES is a simple acronym representing a set of values shared by all PRA Group employees. Each value serves as a commitment to how we treat each other, how we respect our customers, and how we show the world we care.
Every PRA employee is part of a bigger picture and each plays a role in our collective long-term success. Our employees clearly understand and live these shared values, and they are guidelines for everything we do.
Current Job Opportunities
Join the Team at PRA Group Canada – London, Ontario
Law Clerk, Full-time Position Available
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and tactics. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer-oriented.
We are an international organization with an expanding global presence, and bring valuable industry expertise and experience to the market place. Our Canadian Head Office is located in London, Ontario; and we have a second location in Montreal, Quebec.
We are currently looking for a Law Clerk to join our London, Ontario team.
What does a Law Clerk do at PRA Group Canada Inc.?
Reporting to the Supervisor of Legal Administration, you are responsible to support the daily operations of the Legal Department; managing an individual queue of legal files on a daily basis. In this role you are the key point of contact for our external legal partners across Canada, including lawyers and paralegals.
Utilizing civil procedure and small claims knowledge; as well as professional communication skills and document preparation skills, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepare files for legal actions (i.e. Plaintiff Claims)
- Manage and work an active legal queue
- Draft Small Claims Court documents (i.e. Affidavits, Default Judgments, Garnishments, Liens, Motions, etc.)
- Work with external providers to ensure prompt delivery of legal documents to key stakeholders
- Prepare documentation for court hearings and instruct appointed agent
- Meet all claim process deadlines
- Attend telephone settlement conferences as needed
- Work closely with various agents and court offices
- Provide daily updates of file status
- Additional duties as requested by Manager/Supervisor
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Law Clerk Diploma
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer familiarity – Microsoft business products (Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Familiarity with court documents
- Previous experience in Collections, a Law Firm and/or Small Claims Court procedures preferred
- Experience interacting with legal professionals/defendants preferred
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- A competitive compensation program, including: 3 weeks’ vacation to start, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Talent developmental opportunities for motivated and engaged employees
- Competitive salary based on relevant experience
- Innovative organizational programs that recognize top performers within the Canadian team
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
- This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
- Monday to Friday, business hours
What is the Application Process?
Please submit your cover letter and resume by Sunday, April 8, 2018 via email to: humanresources@PRA- Group.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.
To be considered, please submit your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
PRA Group Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.