Join the Team at PRA Group Canada
(No Weekend Shifts, Paid Training, Signing Bonus!)
Being a part of PRA Group Canada means you are valued! This is a place where your skills and experience contribute to help build our organization’s success.
PRA Group Canada is an organization whose mission is to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
Are you a talented individual who is committed to quality work?
Do you thrive in a company culture that is positive, engaging, and supports professional growth in a team environment?
Do you want the opportunity to earn a monthly bonus on top of your salary?
Bring your negotiation skills to PRA Group Canada as a Collections Agent!
What sets us apart:
PRA Group Canada values its employees and offers innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition. In today’s ever-changing work environment, we pride ourselves on our commitment to work/life balance. At PRA, we know that company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees. We are committed to delivering a total rewards program, including:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Lucrative monthly bonus program
- Paid training and licensing
- Signing bonus at three months of active service
- No weekend shifts
- Group health and dental program at minimal cost to employees
- Three weeks of vacation, to start
- Five paid days for illness or family obligations
- Full-time position of 40 hours per week, including one evening shift per week
- Full training and ongoing upskill training provided
- Pension plan
- Private gym on site
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Recognition programs
- Referral program
- Positive work/life balance
What you will do:
Collectors at PRA Group Canada understand it’s their job to help people pay their debts. They help customers understand how credit works and explain how people can rebuild their credit. They are helpful professionals who are compassionate to a customer’s situation.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Quebec Operations, you will be responsible to manage inbound and outbound telephone calls related to consumer files. Compliance and customer service are key components of this role.
Here’s what a typical day would look like:
Contacting customers within PRA Group Canada’s inventory:
- Negotiating repayment solutions on outstanding accounts through a combination of automatic dialer system and manual dialing
- Offering existing customers new repayment solutions, when appropriate, and guiding customers to resume payment plans
- Handling sensitive customer situations in a professional and respectful manner
- Verifying and updating account information once contact has been made with the right party
- Effectively managing the system of record
- Meeting established revenue and other performance targets monthly
We want our collectors to be successful! Collectors can leverage their ability to achieve their goals by participating in training sessions, team meetings, and coaching sessions, provided by PRA.
What you will bring:
Successful collectors are goal oriented, have strong negotiation skills, are great listeners, can understand how to overcome objection, can express empathy, and are persistent.
Other qualifications include:
- Sales and/or collection experience
- High school diploma
- Post-secondary education in a related field (business, legal, credit) is preferred
- French language skills (verbal and written) required
- Previous sales experience in a high volume, metrics driven, transactional environment
- Customer focused
- Computer literate—strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills
- Flexibility to work within operating hours (days, one evening shift per week)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Pass criminal background check
Be part of our amazing team!
Ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Submit your cover letter and resume by April 14, 2023 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.