Join the Team at PRA Group Canada
Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer oriented.
What does a typical workday look like for an Operations Supervisor?
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Core Collections, you will be responsible for leading a team of internal Recovery Specialists in office, and remotely where required, in a metric driven, results focused environment. You will coach, manage, and lead your team to achieve success. Additionally, you will provide on-going support to the Manager, Internal Core Collections. A typical workday would include the following:
- Leading a team of Recovery Specialists and Legal Recovery Specialists to meet and exceed their revenue targets;
- Identifying and acting upon development opportunities with recommended action plans
- Conducting one on one coaching and providing positive, constructive feedback related to performance
- Conducting call quality and compliance audits and offering guidance to missed opportunities
- Walking the floor to provide support and coach live calls
- Creating a positive work environment focused on improving productivity
- Holding team members accountable for productivity results, key metrics and compliance to regulatory and company guidelines
Other responsibilities include;
- Preparing and delivering semi-annual and annual performance reviews
- Supporting the corrective action process for performance, conduct and reliability
- Supporting recruitment efforts
- Participating in new hire training sessions
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Post-secondary education
- 5 years’ Supervisory/Management with experience in a call center environment
- Strong technology skills, ability to navigate through a CRM and dialer system
- Proven ability to achieve targets
- 3 years’ experience in the Collections, Banking or Finance industries is preferred
- Flexibility to work within operating hours (days, evenings and some Saturday afternoons)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including; competitive salary based on experience, lucrative monthly bonus program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to full-time employment.
PRA Group Canada’s operation is open 12 hours per day (9:00 am-9:00 pm), 4 days per week, in addition to Fridays and some Saturdays. Operations Supervisors are required to be available for all shifts and will work evening shifts (1:00 pm-9:00 pm), and Saturdays on a rotational basis.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our first priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
The position will provide a combination of in-office and remote work.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by November 30, 2020 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.