Recruiting Full-time Collections Agents
PRA Group Canada continues to grow and is actively recruiting candidates to work in our Newmarket office.
Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada, bringing industry expertise and experience to the marketplace. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer-oriented.
What does a typical workday look like for a Collections Agent?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible to manage inbound and outbound telephone calls related to consumer files. Compliance and customer service are key components of this role. A typical workday would include the following:
Contacting customers within PRA Group Canada’s inventory;
- Negotiating repayment solutions on outstanding accounts through an automated dialer system, as well as some manual dialing
- Guiding customers to resume payment plans; and when appropriate, offering existing customers new repayment solutionsHandling sensitive customer situations in a professional and respectful manner
- Verifying and updating account information once contact has been made with the right party
- Effectively managing the System of Record
- Meeting established revenue and other performance targets on a monthly basis
Other responsibilities that promote success;
- Attending, participating and leveraging information from training sessions, team meetings and coaching sessions as provided by PRA
- Complying with all company policies, values and applicable legislation
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in a related field preferred (business, legal, credit)
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- Sales and/or collection experience
- Previous sales experience in a high volume, metrics driven, transactional environment
- Competitive and motivated to achieve additional compensation through strong collection achievement
- Customer focused
- Able and satisfied to work in a structured environment, at a workstation, with repetitive work, using a computer, telephone and headset
- Computer literate: strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills
- Flexibility to work within operating hours
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
THE PRA Group Canada family offers a very friendly and supportive environment. We believe in living our care values of ‘CARES’ – Committed, Accountable, Respectful, Ethical and Successful
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including: competitive salary based on experience, lucrative monthly bonus program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Flexible scheduling
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
How do you join this great team?
Our first priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by September 8, 2020 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.