Recruiting Full-Time Collection Generalists
Start Date – February 18th, 2020
Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer-oriented.
What does a typical workday look like for a Collection Generalist?
Reporting to an Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible to manage inbound and outbound telephone calls related to consumer files. Compliance and customer service are key components of this role. A typical workday would include the following:
Contacting customers within PRA Group Canada’s inventory;
- Negotiating repayment solutions on outstanding accounts through an automated dialer system, as well as some manual dialing
- Guiding customers to resume payment plans; and when appropriate, offering existing customers new repayment solutions
- Handling sensitive customer situations in a professional and respectful manner
- Verifying and updating account information once contact has been made with the right party
- Effectively managing the System of Record
- Meeting established revenue and other performance targets on a monthly basis
Other responsibilities that promote success;
- Attending, participating and leveraging information from training sessions, team meetings and coaching sessions as provided by PRA
- Complying with all company policies, values and applicable legislation
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Grade 12 High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in a related field an asset (business, legal, credit)
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- Sales and/or collection experience
- Previous sales experience in a high volume, metrics driven, transactional environment
- Competitive and motivated to achieve additional compensation through strong collection achievement
- Customer focused
- Able and satisfied to work in a structured environment, at a workstation, with very repetitive work, using a computer, telephone and headset
- Computer literate: strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills
- Flexibility to work within operating hours (days, evenings and weekends)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), fluent in English, a 2nd language is an asset
- Pass criminal background check
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to full-time employment.
The initial training program is mandatory and runs Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Your weekly schedule with PRA Group Canada will consist of 2 day shifts (9:00 am-5:00 pm); 2 evening shifts (1:00 pm–9:00 pm); Fridays (9:00 am–5:00 pm);and 1 Saturday afternoon per month (12:00 pm– 4:00pm).
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by February 7, 2020 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.