Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer-oriented.
We are an international organization with an expanding global presence and bring valuable industry expertise and experience to the market place. Our Canadian Head Office is in London, Ontario.
We are currently recruiting a Payroll/Accounting Administrator to join our London team.
What does a typical workday look like for a Payroll/Accounting Administrator?
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for a variety of routine accounting duties with a focus on accounts payable (AP), payroll, and the general ledger. More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- review of vendor invoices for accuracy and resolve discrepancies
- ensure timely payment of invoices and reconcile vendor statements
- bank wire transfers and online payments
- completion of the bi-weekly payroll, including calculation of taxable benefits
- prepare payroll data loads for input to Workday
- bank reconciliations
- standard journal entries and postings to the general ledger
- monthly general ledger account reconciliations and accruals
- month-end and quarter-end reports
- bank deposits
- general accounting administration in support of the Accounting Team
- additional duties as assigned by the Director of Finance – Canada
What qualifications are required for this position?
- College level accounting diploma
- College Payroll certificate, PCP certification is preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with internet banking applications
- Knowledge of Sage 500 and Workday an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly advanced Excel skills
- Proficient computer skills specifically related to accounting and spreadsheet applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and diplomacy
What is great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program, including: competitive salary based on experience, annual bonus program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by August 10, 2020 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.