Network and Systems Administrator
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer oriented.
We are currently recruiting a Network and Systems Administrator to join our London team.
What does a Network and Systems Administrator do at PRA Group Canada?
Reporting to the Senior Network and Systems Administrator, you are responsible for the network information systems infrastructure including the designing, implementing, monitoring, securing and maintaining of all hardware and software used in the business. This position must ensure a high level of uptime for the information systems in a secure, reliable and cost-effective manner. You support all business units with technology and strategy recommendations and actions. More specifically your duties will include:
- The installation and maintenance of the information network infrastructure and support of end users’ systems
- Ensuring the security and reliability of all systems used in the business operations
- Investigating and responding to the needs of all end users, according to normal or established procedures and with appropriate urgency based on the situation
- Keeping current on IT products and services to implement changes as needed
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge in IT specific areas
- Promoting and explaining equipment and services through demonstration and discussion during staff contacts as appropriate
- Preparing and reviewing documentation for Policies, Standards and Procedures
- Assisting with Service Desk tasks as required
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Minimum Post-Secondary diploma or degree in an IT related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a network IT administration capacity
- Experience with first level end-user support using a service desk system for tracking incidents and problems
- Experience with supporting and maintaining dialer/IVR, PBX and VoIP telephone systems, Cisco Firewalls/ASAs, routers, VPNs, WANs, LANs, Web filters
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and knowledge of Windows Server OS
- Knowledge of monitoring systems for networks and applications
- An intermediate to advanced level of proficiency of network administration
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Azure and/or other cloud technology
- Virtualization experience and knowledge including VMWare
- Understanding of modern system administration concepts including configuration management, change management, and metric/KPI reporting
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capable of adapting rapidly to changing situations as they occur
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced call center environment is an asset
- The ability to create clear, concise documentation for all tasks performed
- Ability to work flexible hours as demanded by the business, which includes participating in an on-call rotation schedule
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including; competitive salary based on experience, annual incentive program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required. This position participates in the On-Call rotation.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our first priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
- Workstations are physically distanced
- Hand sanitizer provided at each workstation
- Face masks are provided and are required when in open office areas
- High-touch areas in the common workspace are cleaned frequently throughout the day
The position will provide a combination of in-office and remote work.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by January 11, 2021 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.