Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer-oriented.
We are an international organization with an expanding global presence and bring valuable industry expertise and experience to the marketplace. Our Canadian Head Office is in London, Ontario.
We are currently recruiting an Intermediate Accountant to join our London team.
What does a typical workday look like for an Intermediate Accountant?
Reporting to the Director of Finance, this position performs a variety of routine accounting duties. This role also plays a key role in managing the general ledger. It requires an individual that is competent in time management to meet deadlines; a high-level of attention to detail; strong organizational skills; and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and diplomacy. A critical element of this role is upholding PRA’s commitment to compliance by adhering to all external and internal regulatory guidelines as well as ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of non-public financial information.
- Assist Accounting Administrator with bank reconciliations
- Review PO’s for completeness and accuracy
- Standard journal entries and postings to the general ledger
- Analysis of general ledger accounts and some complex accounts
- Month-end entries and accruals
- Monthly and quarterly general ledger account reconciliations
- Monthly HST/GST reconciliations
- Quarterly tax reconciliations
- Spending analysis
- Assist in the preparation of year-end
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly forecast and year-end budgets
- Review department income statements for accuracy
- Back-up to Accounting Administrator
- Special projects assigned
- General accounting administration in support of the Accounting Team
What qualifications are required for this position?
- College level accounting diploma and/or enrollment in a professional accounting designation program (CPA)
- 2+ years’ experience in a role with general ledger responsibility
- Experience with internet banking applications
- Knowledge of Sage 500 an asset
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, particularly advanced Excel skills
- Proficient computer skills specifically related to accounting and spreadsheet applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and diplomacy
What is great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program, including competitive salary based on experience, annual bonus program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by November 6, 2020 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.