PRA Group Canada continues to grow and is actively recruiting candidates to fill our next Recovery Specialist training session, tentatively scheduled for Monday, April 12, 2021.
Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer-oriented.
PRA Group Canada has offices in London, Ontario and Newmarket, Ontario.
What does a typical workday look like for a Recovery Specialist?
Reporting to an Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible to manage inbound and outbound telephone calls related to consumer files. Compliance and customer service are key components of this role. A typical workday would include the following:
Contacting customers who have accounts with PRA Group Canada;
- Negotiating repayment solutions on outstanding accounts through an automated dialer system, as well as some manual dialing
- Guiding customers to resume payment plans; and when appropriate, offering existing customers new repayment solutions
- Handling sensitive customer situations in a professional and respectful manner
- Verifying and updating account information once contact has been made with the right party
- Effectively managing the System of Record
- Meeting established revenue and other performance targets on a monthly basis
Other responsibilities that promote success;
- Attending, participating and leveraging information from training sessions, team meetings and coaching sessions as provided by PRA
- Complying with all company policies, values and applicable legislation
- Sharing new and successful recovery strategies with your Operations Supervisor, so employees can learn from each other and better themselves
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Grade 12 High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in a related field preferred (business, legal, credit)
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- Sales and/or collection experience
- Previous sales experience in a high volume, metrics-driven, transactional environment
- Competitive and motivated to achieve additional compensation through strong collection achievement
- Computer literate: strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), fluent in English
- A 2nd language is an asset
- Bilingual in the French language offers a $1.00 shift premium
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including: competitive hourly wage based on experience, lucrative monthly bonus program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- An organization that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to full-time employment.
The initial training program is mandatory and runs Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm for 2 weeks.
Your weekly schedule with PRA Group Canada will consist of two day shifts (9:00 am-5:00 pm); two evening shifts (1:00 pm–9:00 pm); EVERY Friday (9:00 am–5:00 pm); and only one Saturday afternoon per month (12:00 pm– 4:00 pm). In an effort to promote personal and family time, we do not schedule the Saturday shifts on long weekends.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
This position offers remote work. Technical requirements for remote work are hardwired internet, a minimum download speed of 25 mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 mbps.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by March 25, 2021 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request