Join the Team at PRA Group Canada – Montreal, Quebec
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way.
We are currently recruiting a Legal Assistant in our Montreal, Quebec office. This position is a full-time 6-month contract role, with a possibility of extension.
What does a Legal Assistant do at PRA Group Canada Inc.?
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Legal & Compliance, the Legal Assistant will support the daily operations of the Legal Department in the Montreal, Quebec office. The Legal Assistant is responsible to assist with the regular processing of documents as it pertains to the legal process, as well as assist with office administrative duties. This role is responsible to be aware of and comply with all relevant legislation, information security best practices and company policies, including but not limited to the Personal Information Protection & Electronics Document Act (PIPEDA), and the respective provincial legislation. More specifically, your duties will include the following:
- Open, organize and maintain files and documents, including computer files, for rapid and effective retrieval
- Print and review all back-ups for the legal files
- Assist the legal team in the preparation of letters, forms, documents in different stages of the legal process, under the supervision of the paralegals and the lawyer
- Work closely with various agents and court offices
- Review bailiff reports, report service results, as well as costs in the expense tracker and in the system of record
- Review and monitor status of files and assist with follow-up
- Review and update different trackers for the legal team
- Scanning and organizing documentation electronically
- Calling customers for follow-ups and negotiations
- Process all mail/courier for the Montreal office
- Legal research or searches when requested by the lawyer
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Legal Assistant or Paralegal Diploma
- Bilingual (English and French) both written and spoken
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel)
- Solid working knowledge of various legal principles and terms
- Independent, motivated, with strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience as a legal secretary/assistant is preferred
What is great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a competitive salary based on experience
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
- This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, business hours
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our first priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Quebec Government and Health Care Professionals.
- Workstations are physically distanced
- Hand sanitizer provided at each workstation
- Face masks are provided and are required when in open office areas
- High-touch areas in the common workspace are cleaned frequently throughout the day
The position is largely in-office with some remote work.
How do I join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by January 11, 2021 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.