Director of Finance
Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer-oriented.
We are an international organization with an expanding global presence, bringing valuable industry expertise and experience to the marketplace. Our Corporate Headquarters is located in Norfolk, Virginia. We have been a publicly traded company through NASDAQ since 2002. Compliance with all regulations including SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act) is a priority.
We are currently recruiting a Director of Finance to join our Canadian Head Office team in London, Ontario.
What does the role of Director of Finance include?
Reporting to the Vice President of Canadian Operations, you will manage all aspects of PRA Group Canada’s financial forecasting and reporting. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining policies and procedures, analyzing financial statements and managing the Finance Team. You will plan and execute all corporate finance initiatives in Canada. More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the provision of timely and accurate monthly financial statement reporting
- Perform analysis of actual versus forecasted results
- An active member of the local Management Team, providing financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization
- Manage accounts payable, payroll, treasury, payment posting, and general accounting functions, ensuring accurate and timely processing and reconciliations to provide financial information to Management
- Staying current with legislation impacting accounting, finance, payroll and employment labour standards ensuring ongoing Company compliance
- Manage cash flow and funding requirements via corporate treasury
- Maintain effective financial controls for Canada’s accounting and banking systems to mitigate risk, including the designing key SOX controls
- Oversee all external audits, including annual financial statements, SOX controls, and Canada Revenue Agency
- Coordinate the timely completion of Canada’s annual budget, following up with quarterly forecasts
- Performance manage, mentor, coach and develop all members of the Finance Team
- Participate in other ad hoc projects as required by the Canadian Operation or Corporate Headquarters
What qualifications are required for this position?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- CPA Certification
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- 3-5 years’ experience in a senior finance/controllership role
- Proven leadership experience managing a team
- Experience within the Financial Industry preferred
- Knowledge of Sage 500 and Workday an asset
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, particularly advanced Excel skills
- Proficient computer skills specifically related to accounting and spreadsheet applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and maintain a high degree of confidentiality and diplomacy
What is great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program, including: competitive salary based on experience, annual bonus program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (40 hours per week) typically Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by June 19, 2020 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.