PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer oriented.
We are currently recruiting a Talent Development Specialist to join our team.
What does a Talent Development Specialist do at PRA Group Canada?
Reporting to the Manager, Internal Core Collections, you conduct company training programs with a focus on training newly hired Recovery Specialists on collection software, regulatory requirements, processes, and collection techniques. You also provide one-on-one coaching with employees in collaboration with their Leadership team members. In alignment with organizational strategy, this position analyzes, develops, and facilitates department-wide and/or position specific talent development initiatives to support business needs and enhance company performance. More specifically your duties will include:
- Maintain and update Recovery Specialist Collections Training Procedure as required
- Monitor, evaluate and report on progress of newly hired employees during their initial training period
- Provide skills coaching and mentoring sessions with newly hire Recovery Specialists
- Implementation and delivery of refresher and upskill training for existing Recovery Specialists and Collections Agents
- Partner with Operations Leadership to design, conduct and organize training programs focused on development of technical and soft skills
- Participate in collaborative coaching and mentoring sessions with all employees to develop technical competencies
- Identify and assess future and current training needs through job analysis in consultation with leadership
- Develop training courses associated with the introduction of new products, policies, procedures, or services or to upgrades skills for current employees
- Stay up to date on new training methods and industry best practices
- Work collaboratively with and support employee development opportunities with key departments
- Support policy and procedure reviews, updates and training by staying current on regulatory changes that impact policies and processes related to collection efforts
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Minimum Post-Secondary education
- Minimum 3 years’ demonstrated experience in a training/development role
- Experience in the Collections, Banking or Finance industries is preferred
- Proficient in the application of the principles of adult learning
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective presentation skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to write reports, process documents, and procedure manuals
- Bilingual (English/French) is required
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including; competitive salary based on experience, annual incentive program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
This position will largely be Work from Home but there will be times when you will be required to work in office to meet the needs of the business. Technical requirements for Work from Home are a minimum download speed of 25 mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 mbps.
When working in the office, our first priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
- Workstations are physically distanced
- Hand sanitizer provided at each workstation
- Face masks are provided and are required when in open office areas
- High-touch areas in the common workspace are sanitized
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by June 25, 2021 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.