Hybrid Workplace Arrangement
Being a part of PRA Group Canada means you are valued! This is a place where your education, skills, and background contribute to our organization’s success.
PRA Group Canada is an organization whose mission is to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
Are you a talented individual who is committed to quality work?
Do you thrive in a company culture that is positive, engaging, and supports professional growth in a team environment?
Bring your IT skills and knowledge to PRA Group Canada as a Senior Network and Systems Administrator!
What you will do
Reporting to the IT Manager – Applications and Systems, you are responsible for the network information systems infrastructure including the designing, implementing, monitoring, securing, and maintaining of all hardware and software used in the business. This position must ensure a high level of uptime for the information systems in a secure, reliable, and cost-effective manner. You support all business units with technology and strategy recommendations and actions.
More specifically your duties will include:
- Installation and maintenance of the information network infrastructure and support of end users’ systems
- Ensuring the security and reliability of all systems used in the business operations
- Investigating and responding to the needs of all end users, according to normal or established procedures and with appropriate urgency based on the situation
- Keeping current on IT products and services to implement changes as needed
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge in IT specific areas
- Promoting and explaining equipment and services through demonstration and discussion during staff contacts as appropriate
- Preparing and reviewing documentation for policies, standards, and procedures, as well as documenting new functionality and features
- Assisting with Service Desk tasks as required
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by supervisor/manager
What you will bring
Our IT environment is fast paced and ever-changing. The ideal candidate will have practical, hands-on networking and systems administration experience, including experience configuring access routers and switches. If you are analytical, have a free-thinking approach to problem solving and a tenacious approach to delivering solutions, this is the role for you!
Other qualifications include:
- Minimum of a post-secondary diploma or degree in an IT-related field
- Minimum five years of experience in a network IT administration capacity
- Experience with first level, end user support using a service desk system for tracking incidents and problems
- Experience with supporting and maintaining dialer/IVR, PBX and VoIP telephone systems
- Experience with SIP communications
- Skills and knowledge of deploying and maintaining Windows Server OS, including DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, and Group Policy
- Knowledge of monitoring systems for networks and applications
- An intermediate to advanced level of proficiency of network administration, including Layer 7 firewalls, routers, WAN, LAN, and VPN
- Understanding of networked storage principles such as iSCSI and CIFS
- Knowledge of Office 365 and Azure and/or other cloud technology
- Virtualization experience and knowledge including VMWare
- Understanding of modern system administration concepts including configuration management, change management, and metric/KPI reporting
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Capable of adapting rapidly to changing situations as they occur
- Experience in a dynamic, fast-paced call center environment is an asset
- The ability to create clear, concise documentation for all tasks performed
- Ability to work flexible hours as demanded by the business, which includes participating in an on-call rotation schedule
- Pass criminal background check
Here’s what sets us apart:
PRA Group Canada values its employees and offers innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition. In today’s ever-changing work environment, we pride ourselves on our commitment to work/life balance. At PRA, we know company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees. We are committed to delivering a total rewards program, including:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Annual incentive program
- Three weeks of vacation, to start
- Five paid days of sick/family responsibility leave
- Group health and dental program, minimal cost to employee
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Recognition Programs
- Positive work/life balance
We are dedicated to employee safety!
Our priority is always the health and safety of our employees! To protect our employees, workstations are physically distanced, hand sanitizer is provided at each workstation, and masking is optional—although strongly recommended—when in open office areas.
Be part of our amazing team!
This position features a schedule of business hours (37.5 hours per week), Monday to Friday, with some flexibility required. Enjoy the advantages of a hybrid work arrangement, both on-site and remote work. This position participates in the On-Call rotation which requires regular presence in our London, ON office.
Ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Submit your cover letter and resume by August 5, 2022, via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.