PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the nonperforming loan industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Law Clerkto join our team.
What does a Senior Law Clerkdo at PRA Group Canada?
Reporting to the Paralegal, this role will support the Paralegal, as well as the daily operations of the Legal Department. In this role, you will manage an individual file load on a daily basis and prepare documents for court when required.
More specifically, your duties will include:
- Prepare files for legal actions (i.e. Plaintiff’s Claims)
- Manage and work an active legal queue
- Draft Small Claims Court documents (i.e. Affidavits, Default Judgments, Garnishments, Liens, Motions, Terms of Settlements, Letters, etc.)
- Prepare documentation for court hearings
- Work closely with various agents and court offices
- Daily updates of file status
- Assist Ontario Legal Team members as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Law Clerk Diploma/Certificate and/or Paralegal Certification
- Five years of experience within a Law Clerk role
- Understanding of the Ontario Small Claims process and/or Creditor’s Rights
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Previous experience in collections and/or Small Claims Court procedure is preferred
- Previous experience in a law firm or legal department is preferred
- Familiarity with online filing procedures for Small Claims Court (Service Ontario and Justice Services Online) is preferred
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including: Competitive salary based on experience, annual incentive program, three weeks of vacation to start, five paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- The ability to work from home the majority of the time
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
- Workstations are physically distanced
- Hand sanitizer provided at each workstation
- Face masks are provided and are required when in open office areas
- High-touch areas in the common workspace are cleaned frequently throughout the day
This position will be a combination of in-office and remote work.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by September 27, 2021 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.