PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada, bringing industry expertise and experience to the marketplace. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
What does a typical workday look like for a Collections Agent?
Reporting to the Regional Director, Quebec Operations, you will be responsible to manage inbound and outbound telephone calls related to consumer files. Compliance and customer service are key components of this role. A typical workday would include the following:
Contacting customers within PRA Group Canada’s inventory:
- Negotiating repayment solutions on outstanding accounts through a combination of automatic dialer system and manual dialing
- Guiding customers to resume payment plans; and when appropriate, offering existing customers new repayment solutions
- Handling sensitive customer situations in a professional and respectful manner
- Verifying and updating account information once contact has been made with the right party
- Effectively managing the System of Record
- Meeting established revenue and other performance targets on a monthly basis
Other responsibilities that promote success:
- Attending, participating, and leveraging information from training sessions, team meetings and coaching sessions as provided by PRA
- Complying with all company policies, values, and applicable legislation
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in a related field an asset (business, legal, credit)
- Bilingual, French and English, verbal and written
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- Sales and/or collection experience
- Previous sales experience in a high volume, metrics driven, transactional environment
- Competitive and motivated to achieve additional compensation through strong collection achievement
- Customer focused
- Able and satisfied to work in a structured environment, at a workstation, using a computer, telephone and headset
- Computer literate: strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills
- Flexibility to work within operating hours (days, evenings, 1 Saturday/month)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
THE PRA Group Canada family offers a very friendly and supportive environment. We believe in living our core values of ‘CARES’ – Committed, Accountable, Respectful, Ethical and Successful
- $33,300 – $41,600 base salary, based on experience
- Lucrative monthly bonus program
- Retention bonus
- 3 weeks of vacation to start
- 5 paid days for illness or family obligations
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition
- Positive work/life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Employees are provided with face masks, hand sanitizer and sanitizer spray at all workstations. High-touch areas in the common workspace are cleaned throughout the day.
How do you join this great team?
Our first priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. Applicants can be assured our recruitment process is guided by direction from the Quebec Government and Health Care Professionals.
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your resume via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.