Full-time, Onsite Position Available
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the nonperforming loan industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. It is our mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way.
We are currently recruiting a Paralegal in our Montreal, Quebec office working onsite on a full-time basis.
What does a Paralegal do at PRA Group Canada Inc.?
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Legal & Compliance, the Paralegal supports the daily operations of the Legal Department in the Montreal office. The Paralegal is responsible to manage legal accounts daily, appear in court when required, as well as complete tasks and responsibilities as directed by the manager. This role is responsible to be aware of and comply with all relevant legislation, information security best practices, and company policies, including but not limited to the Personal Information Protection & Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and similar provincial legislation.
The duties of the paralegal include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare letters, forms, and documents in different stages of the legal process under the supervision of the lawyer
- Handle customer phone calls, negotiate settlement terms, and draft settlement agreements
- Represent the Company in settlement conferences at court or by telephone, as needed
- Prepare enforcement documents and follow up on enforcement
- Daily updates of file status
- Perform legal research, as needed
- Meet all legal process deadlines
- Work closely with various agents and court offices
- Be the primary contact and negotiator for Quebec small claims legal actions and represent the company in Small Claims Court proceedings (including but not limited to mediations and hearings)
- Clerical and additional duties, as required
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Paralegal designation or certificate in Law
- Previous experience in a legal environment (preferable)
- Bilingual: French and English, verbal and written
- English is required to be able to speak with English speaking clients and to communicate with other departments of the main office
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with court documents
- Independent and motivated with strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
What is great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual bonus program
- Group health and dental program at minimal cost to employees
- Three weeks of vacation
- Pension plan after one year of service
- Gym on site
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Recognition programs
- Referral program
- Work/personal life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
- This is a full-time, onsite, position, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, business hours.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our priority, at this unprecedented time, is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Quebec Government and Health Care Professionals.
What is the Application Process?
Please submit your cover letter and resume, detailing how your experience meets the qualifications, by January 31, 2023, via email to: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.