PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the nonperforming loan industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior Compliance Specialistto join our team.
What does a Junior Compliance Specialistdo at PRA Group Canada?
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Compliance Testing, you are responsible for completing testing engagements and reporting on the issues identified during testing to ensure compliance controls are adequately mitigating risks. This role also responds to disputes and complaints, escalated to Compliance. Additionally, you will manage the collector and company licensing and bond processes for applicable provinces.
More specifically, your duties will include:
- Utilize standardized work papers and testing programs to document performance of compliance testing reviews
- Ensure results of testing and monitoring performed are well documented and communicated to management
- Manage and administrate all requirements to ensure PRA Group Canada Inc. is compliant regarding registrations, licenses, bonds, and trust accounts within the nonperforming loan industry and its application legislation
- Manage, investigate, administrate, and track all disputes and complaints escalated to Compliance
- Other duties, as assigned
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- High school diploma
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including: Competitive salary based on experience, annual incentive program, three weeks of vacation to start, five paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- The ability to work from home the majority of the time
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
- Workstations are physically distanced
- Hand sanitizer provided at each workstation
- Face masks are provided and are required when in open office areas
- High-touch areas in the common workspace are cleaned frequently throughout the day
This position will be a combination of in-office and remote work.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by September 17, 2021 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.