PRA Group Canada Purchases/Owns the Debt that our Recovery Specialists Collect
(Weekend Work Schedule – only one 4 hour shift per month!)
Being a part of PRA Group Canada means you are valued! This is a place where your skills and experience contribute to help build our organization’s success.
PRA Group Canada is an organization whose mission is to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
Are you a talented individual who is committed to quality work?
Do you thrive in a company culture that is positive, engaging, and supports professional growth in a team environment?
Do you want the opportunity to earn a monthly bonus on top of your salary?
Bring your negotiation skills to PRA Group Canada as a Recovery Specialist!
What you will do:
Collectors at PRA Group Canada understand it’s their job to help people resolve their debts. They help customers understand how credit works. They are helpful professionals who are compassionate to a customer’s situation.
Reporting to an Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing inbound and outbound telephone calls related to consumer files. Compliance and customer service are key components of this role.
Here’s what a typical day would look like:
- Contacting customers who have accounts with PRA Group Canada
- Negotiating repayment solutions on outstanding accounts through an automated dialer system, as well as some manual dialing
- Guiding customers to resume payment plans and, when appropriate, offering existing customers new repayment solutions
- Handling sensitive customer situations in a professional and respectful manner
- Verifying and updating account information once contact has been made with the right party
- Effectively managing the System of Record
- Meeting established revenue and other performance targets, on a monthly basis
We want our Recovery Specialists to be successful! Recovery Specialists grow their skillset by participating in training sessions, team meetings, and coaching sessions as provided by PRA.
What you will bring:
Successful Recovery Specialists are goal oriented, have strong negotiation skills, are great listeners, can understand how to overcome objection, can express empathy, and are persistent.
Other qualifications include:
- Grade 12 high school diploma
- Post-secondary education in a related field preferred (business, legal, credit)
- Strong negotiation skills are essential
- Sales and/or collection experience
- Previous sales experience in a high volume, metrics driven, transactional environment
- Competitive and motivated to achieve additional compensation through strong collection achievement
- Customer focused
- Computer literate: Strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), fluent in English
- A second language is an asset
- Bilingual in French language offers a $1.00 shift premium
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
What sets us apart:
PRA Group Canada values its employees and offers innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition. In today’s ever-changing work environment, we pride ourselves on our commitment to work/life balance. At PRA, we know company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees. We are committed to delivering a total rewards program, including:
- Lucrative monthly bonus program
- Retention bonus
- Full training and ongoing upskill training provided
- Three weeks of vacation, to start
- Five paid days of sick and family responsibility leave
- Group health and dental program, minimal cost to employees
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Recognition programs
- Positive work/life balance
Here’s what the schedule looks like:
The initial training program is mandatory and runs Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for two weeks.
Your weekly schedule with PRA Group Canada will consist of:
- Two-day shifts, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Two evening shifts, 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- EVERY Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Only one Saturday afternoon per month, 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
In an effort to promote personal and family time, we do not schedule the Saturday shifts on long weekends.
Technical requirements for Working from Home:
This position is work from home. Technical requirements for work from home are hardwired internet with a minimum download speed of 25 mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 mbps.
Be part of our amazing team!
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by March 17, 2023, via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. PRA welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.