PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the nonperforming loan industry in Canada. Our company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations and recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Privacy and Records Management to join our team, based out of our Montreal, Quebec office.
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Privacy and Records Management at PRA Group Canada?
Reporting to the Vice-President, Canadian Operations, this role will review, update, ensure, and monitor compliance of the company’s privacy and records management practices, policies, procedures, and measures with applicable privacy laws and regulations, data retention and destruction rules, and similar legislation.
More specifically, your duties will include:
- Remain current with the latest developments in the global landscape of Personal Information Protection, Privacy and Records Management (PIPPRM)
- Execute regulatory analysis and advise the organization on its obligations under Canadian federal and provincial privacy laws and regulations, data retention, management, and destruction rules, including global data privacy legislation impacting the organization’s operations
- Collaborate with relevant departments in the US to develop, lead, and implement the Canadian records management programs
- Assess the risks and identify any regulatory gaps; suggest, coordinate, and implement remediation actions to avoid risks
- Drive privacy/PIPPRM awareness within the organization, work with Talent Development Specialist to provide staff training, and promote best practices
- Establish a culture of functional ownership across all stakeholders involved in the creation, transformation, transmission, and storage of electronic and physical records
- Oversee the implementation of policies and procedures for records-keeping in compliance with electronic and non-electronic records retention requirements and best practices
- Serve as liaison with regulatory authorities and members of the public concerning privacy matters
- Assist management and the IT Department in assessing and documenting privacy related breaches
- Report on the adequacy of the organization’s existing records management and privacy framework
- Advise on operational requirements, issues, legislative, and regulatory matters
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- University Degree in law or business administration
- Minimum five years of experience in records management (including electronic records), records retention, and protection of personal information
- Knowledge of various Canadian regulatory requirements and best practices in personal information protection, records management, and privacy related issues
- Knowledge of records management tools, techniques, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience in implementing retention schedules and electronic records management systems within large organizations
- Strong understanding of technology, with a background in IT preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced written and oral communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Adaptable, with high level of interpersonal skills and collaborative worth ethic
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Knowledge of debt collection industry is preferred
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program, including:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Annual incentive program
- Three weeks of vacation, to start
- Five paid days of personal/family obligations leave
- Group health and dental program
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
At this unprecedented time, our priority is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Quebec government and health care professionals.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by March 30, 2022, via email to: email@example.com