PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the nonperforming loan industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations and recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer oriented.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Operations & Strategy Associate to join our team.
What does a Business Operations & Strategy Associate do at PRA Group Canada?
Reporting to the Director of Strategy, this role is responsible for providing general support to the Strategy Team through various daily/weekly/monthly activities and reporting. The role also provides backup to the Senior Business Analyst and the Operations Specialist. More specifically, your duties will include:
- Create and distribute daily/weekly/monthly reporting packages
- Work with Operations to determine new reporting needs
- Work with Senior Business Analyst in the setup and creation of new and existing strategies
- Assist various roles within the Strategy Team with documentation related to Compliance
- Perform audits to ensure accuracy of files loaded into the system of record
- Learn our industry-specific technology to provide backup to the Operations Specialist, including our use of an integrated dialer system utilized to optimize the efficiency of our Call Center
- Provide backup to the Communications Specialist regarding letter processing
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively to achieve business objectives
- Experience with SQL is preferred
- Knowledge of data visualization and BI tools, such as Tableau and Power BI, is preferred
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program, including a competitive salary based on experience, annual incentive program, three weeks of vacation to start, five paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale, and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- This role will offer developmental opportunities for high-performing and committed employees
- The ability to Work from Home the majority of the time
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
- Workstations are physically distanced
- Hand sanitizer provided at each workstation
- Face masks are provided and are required when in open office areas
- High-touch areas in the common workspace are cleaned daily
This position will be a combination of in-office and remote work.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by September 17, 2021 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.