PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer oriented.
We are currently recruiting for an Applications Developer/Analyst to join our team.
What does an Applications Developer/Analyst do at PRA Group Canada?
Reporting to the Team Lead – Applications Development and Support, you are responsible to analyze, develop, implement, and maintain application-based solutions using multiple and varied technologies in support of business needs and changes to business processes. This role is responsible to be aware of and comply with all relevant legislation, information security best practices and company policies, including but not limited to the Personal Information Protection & Electronics Document Act (PIPEDA).
More specifically your duties will include:
- Enacting changes to business applications in response to business process changes and ensuring development accounts for proper security and functionality for the business.
- Designing and developing data file import and export interfaces for business applications.
- Maintaining the integrity of business application databases.
- Testing of application development changes required for production changes and providing 3rd level support and troubleshooting as needed.
- Preparing documentation (SOP’s) and administrative reports as required for both basic and advanced users. Ability to gather and confirm end users’ requirements and adjust development to meet end users and business needs.
- Providing significant contributions to various technology related projects to different departments at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels.
- Researching available tools and technologies to determine alternate technical solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma from a recognized institution in Computer Development
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of related work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of programming concepts and principles
- Knowledge of Visual Basic or related object-oriented programming language
- Knowledge of SQL-based database engines
- A creative, analytical and free-thinking approach to problem solving
- A tenacious approach to delivering solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact positively with team and end users
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry is an asset
- Experience with the Artiva Debt Collection Software is an asset
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including; competitive salary based on experience, annual incentive program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- An environment that promotes ongoing learning and development with the very unique and specialized Artiva Debt Collection Software
- Supportive and knowledgeable Team members with willingness to help
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
- The ability to Work from Home the majority of the time
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (40 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required for after-hours software support and non-business hours updates and troubleshooting.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
- Workstations are physically distanced
- Hand sanitizer provided at each workstation
- Face masks are provided and are required when in open office areas
- High-touch areas in the common workspace are cleaned frequently throughout the day
This position will require the successful candidate to work in-office for training purposes during the first two weeks of employment. Following that the majority of work may be done remotely.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by July 31, 2021 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.