Join the Team at PRA Group Canada – London, Ontario
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible, and customer-oriented.
We are currently recruiting a Business Analyst to join our London team.
What does a Business Analyst do at PRA Group Canada?
Reporting to the Director of Strategy you will create and manage testing platforms that will be used to continuously improve results from the organization’s collection channels, including direct mail, dialer, legal, third party agency, skip trace and manual collections. More specifically your duties will include:
- Create the testing methodology and the execution platform for maximizing collections from all channels
- Suggest strategy, conduct tests, analyze and interpret results and present fact-based recommendations for collections performance improvement to management
- Create the set of testing options that can improve performance
- Define the approach to prioritize the options based on cost/benefit analysis, and produce and execute upon the resulting testing schedule
- Clearly document and measure operations
- Build an information capture and reporting system which contains an historical summary of tests performed, test results, expected value of champion application, actual champion value achieved, and other applicable information
- Create and maintain the agency performance management program and all subsequent reporting
- Supports the Director of Strategy in determining the appropriate areas to measure agency performance
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- 4 year Degree in Business, Economics or Statistics/Mathematics; Professional Accounting Designation or Masters’ Degree in Administration, Analytics, Finance or Economics is preferred
- 2-5 years’ work experience as an analyst
- Experience with structuring, executing and interpreting the results of tests in either a collection/recovery environment or a financial services marketing/origination environment
- Effective organizational and time management skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Skilled in the use of analytical tools including Excel and SQL
- Able to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Experience with SAS and other data analysis tools is considered an asset
- Pass criminal background check
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program including; competitive salary based on experience, annual incentive program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee in-office
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) Monday to Friday.
What are the COVID-19 considerations?
Our first priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, we are following all health protocols as directed by the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
The position will be remote to start.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by February 22, 2021 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.