Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations and then recovers the accounts through a customer-focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer-oriented.
We are an international organization with an expanding global presence and bring valuable industry expertise and experience to the marketplace. Our Canadian Head Office is in London, Ontario.
We are currently recruiting an Accounting Administrator to join our London team for a 6-month term.
What does a typical workday look like for an Accounting Administrator?
Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for a variety of routine accounting duties with a focus on accounts payable (AP) and general ledger duties. More specifically your responsibilities will include:
- reconciliation of several accounts payable GL accounts
- standard bank and accounts payable entries to the general leger
- daily bank reconciliations
- working with other departments to ensure accuracy of postings
- special projects
- general accounting administration in support of the Accounting Team
- other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance – Canada
What qualifications are required for this position?
- College level accounting diploma
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Sage 500
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
What is great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees and offers a competitive salary based on experience
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to a full-time schedule (37.5 hours per week) of business hours, Monday to Friday. Some flexibility may be required.
How do you join this great team?
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by August 10, 2020 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process. We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.